Truth is the sun did come out and while we were in the museum it really got comfortable outside. The museum was everything I expected it to be and one of the premiere things on the trip. They had the very first Harley ever built and called Number 1, now guess why the American colored number 1 is one of their renowned logos..........:-)
And here it is
They even had a bike built the same year I was born
They even had on for every year for the past 105 years or so I couldn't take one for every birthday I know or it would have been a camera HOG.........(sorry).
The only down part to the day was that as we were leaving the parking lot headed for parts west I lost my IPhone out of my holster, good news is that a lady seen it fall and tried to call the last person on my resent list and then figured out how to do a text message. It wasn't until we were about 6 or 7 miles west when I realized I had lost the phone we pulled over on an off ramp and and I was going to call to see if anyone had picked it up. There was a text and I just called my phone back and a wonderful Harley owner answered and said she had seen it fall as we left the parking lot. I went back to get it and Stinky and Jimmy went on down the road to get out of the construction on 94 west. We hooked up about 25 miles down the road and locked on the the cruise control on 70 and stopped about 7:30 in Wisconsin Dells, and are safely tucked in a cheap Ramada, with smokin WIFI I must add.
Here are a couple more pics for the day and I will talk to you all tomorrow
this bike below was built in 1936 and attained a speed of 136 miles an hour, that is fast for those days
Damn its that Hooker again
Have a good night will talk to you all later
JP
Glad to see you guys made it to the Harley museum. Looks like that was a cool stop. I'll bet seeing that first Harley was really cool to see in person.
ReplyDeleteWhat year was it that you were born again?
ReplyDelete