Well we woke up to a thunderstorm at 6 this morning and was quite the down pour.
Had a lazy day and walked down town to get a key made for Stinky's bike and got directions to a local breakfast place called Harpoon Harry's, nice quaint little place that is a restaurant during the day and bar and liquor store at night.
Then went down to the wharf and I had to have a pair of hiking shorts as I left mine at home. Stinky bought a long sleeve shirt so his arms didn't burn. Then took a cruise on a sail boat for a few hours call the "Adirondack III", which was nice and quite until the waves got a little rough. But all in all had a great experience. It was Jimmy's first ride on a sail boat. Unfortunately I do not have the capability to download the pics to it from this computer but will try with Stinky's 3G system later this afternoon.
Jimmy and I had time to do some laundry and take a short nap in the chairs at the base's camp facilities.
We are going back downtown this evening and go to the "Rum Barrel" for dinner.
Heading north first thing in the morning for the second leg of our journey and as predicted will have plenty of time to spend in the New England area if all goes well on the way up the coast.
Will post one more blog note before I leave tomorrow and try and add the pics from the boat ride later today.
So check back on this posts for the updated pics later this evening.
JP
Key West. Dirty old men. Quite the combo. I an in Prague, Czech republic as I write this. Jet lagged but full of Pilsner beer. Careful of the sun on those white bodies.
ReplyDelete