Tuesday, June 19, 2012

CODY to HOME

I made it back at 6:30 Tuesday afternoon and will fill you all in after a cold beer and relaxing rest on the back porch.

OK I finally have some time to spend on finalizing the trip as least as far as the blog goes. Our last day was brutal in the afternoon. The morning started out very nice heading down 120 out of Cody to Casper. Weather was cool but all in all a nice ride to Casper. When we found a gas stop we also found a Steak/chop house to have lunch at and grabbed a bite to eat. It was at that time that we decided to make the push all the way home. Mario had decided that he was going to make it as far as Fort Collins to spend some time with his sister so we parted company there. The hooker and I made our way south into Longmont where we filled the tanks so as not to have to stop in the middle of Denver to fill up. As we came closer to the out skirts of north Denver I made a snap decision to take the 460 by pass as it was right smack dab in the middle of rush hour. We never even slowed down from our 75 mile an hour pace making it around Denver and hooking up with I-25 on the south end.
I pulled into my garage at 6:33 with 42290 miles on the odometer for a grand total of 5259 miles quite a bit shorter than last years but still a great ride.

The day we left odometer reading

The day we got back

A Grand total of 5259 miles. Which means that myself and he Hooker have completely circumnavigated the US on motorcycles.


Don't know what is next but I am sure it will be as great an adventure as this has been!!!!!


Keep checking back as we always have something going on.

Lake Powell August
Canoe trip in the fall
Disney World in the fall
and things we haven't thought of yet



 
HDman

No comments:

Post a Comment